Thursday 18 October 2012

Life and Laughing - Michael McIntyre (AudioBook Review)


Publication Details:
Published by Michael Joseph in 2010
294 Pages
25 Chapters

Michael McIntyre is a British comedian that I love watching on TV and he has been actively performing stand-up since approximately 2006. This is his story.

This is the first AudioBook that I have ever fully listened to and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The book is read by Michael himself and I'm glad he did it, it helped me understand the story better and definitely enhance the experience for me. "Life and Laughing" is Michael's autobiography and it tells his life story from the first experience of life that he remembers to the very point to which he decided to write this book.

Listening to Michael tell his story made me both laugh out loud and feel extremely sorrowful for some things he had to go through growing up. There were definitely moments that I rewinded and listened to over and over again because I found them that funny, I just had to control my laughter - I was listening to this in school, imagine how crazy I looked! Michael tells of his relationships with various family members, how he coped with his parents' divorce and the loss of particular family members.

There isn't much else I can say about this book, if you're aware of who Michael is and you enjoy his comedy, I highly recommend you pick up this book and give it a go. Although, I feel like I wouldn't have enjoyed the book as much had I read a physical copy in comparison to the AudioBook, the way Michael reads his story is fantastic and really does enhance the story a huge amount.

4 out of 5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Audiobooks read by the author are always better! A voice actor can't know all the ins, outs and intonations that the author does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Also, in this particular one, he was putting his own little side notes in here and there that wouldn't have been there had someone else read the book!

      Delete