Monday 15 October 2012

Ten - Gretchen McNeil



Publication Details:
Published by Balzer + Bray on September 18th 2012
294 Pages
38 Chapters

Words can't describe how much I loved this book. It's thrilling, exciting, intriguing and pretty gross at parts. I was truly horrified reading this book which is something I've never experienced before and I loved it. The way the author describes in detail the deaths of these teenagers put a vivid image in my mind and that's what scared me the most, how easily I was able to picture the horrific incidents playing out in the book. 

This is the first book that's ever made me cry, and not just once, twice! My emotions were so confused, they were all over the place and I was so unsure about how to react to the events in this book that on two occasions I just sat on my bed and cried from shock and horror. 

Being a murder mystery novel, I had created so many theories while reading this book and I was convinced I had worked out who the killer was and why he/she was murdering so many people, but I was wrong every time. I was in complete shock at the ending and the last 50 or so pages were just mind-blowing. 

Definitely one of my favourite books. I haven't read Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None", the book TEN is inspired by, but since finishing TEN I have order Agatha's book and I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival so I can get stuck in and experience the basic story again. This is definitely a book that I feel everyone needs to experience as soon as possible. If you're even remotely on the fence about buying this one, I recommend that you do. Without a doubt. 


5 out of 5 stars!

Check out my video review of TEN below!


2 comments:

  1. I'm half way through Ten right now, and your right, it's excellent! I haven't read a really good mystery in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're enjoying it! Just wait until the end! Ohh it's intense! :D

      Delete